The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the reason for and extent to which your personal data will be processed when you visit our website. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the controller.
Name and address of the controller
(1) Controller within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”) is:
FiBL Projekte GmbH
P.O. Box 90 01 63, D-60441 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Kasseler Strasse 1a, D-60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Telephone +49 69 7137699-0
Fax +49 69 7137699-9
(2) Contact details of the data protection officer
(1) According to the applicable laws, you have various rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to obtain confirmation and access
- Right to request rectification
- Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten')
- Right to request restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Right to withdraw the given consent
If you wish to assert these rights, please send your request by e-mail or by post to the address mentioned above.
(2) You also have the right of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data with us.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When using our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). If you want to visit our website, we collect the following information that is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure the stability, functionality and security of our website:
- our visited website
- used IP address
- date and time of access
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- the amount of data transferred in bytes
- Website from which you accessed the site (source/reference)
- used browser
- the operating system used and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) The legal basis is our legitimate interest in ensuring a smooth connection setup and a comfortable use of the website as well as in the possibility to evaluate system security and stability and to pursue further administrative purposes in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(3) The data will not be passed on or used in any other way.
(1) Like many other websites, we also use so-called "cookies". Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and through which certain information flows to the institution that places the cookie (in this case the institution is us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are intended to make the website more user-friendly and effective and to enable the use of certain functions. When using this common data and information we do not draw any conclusions about the person concerned. This information is just required to deliver the contents of our website correctly. This anonymously collected data and information is therefore evaluated by us statistically and with the aim of increasing data protection and data security in our company to ensure an optimum level of protection for the personal data processed by us. If certain cookies process personal data, processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Transient cookies (see a)
- Persistent cookies (see b)
- Flash cookies (see c)
a) Transient cookies – in particular so-called session cookies - are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These cookies store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to a joint session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. These cookies remain on your device and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit. You can delete the cookies in your browser settings at any time.
c) The used Flash cookies are registered by your Flash plug-in. HTML5 storage objects are also stored on your device. These objects store the required data independently of your browser and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookie to process data, you must install an appropriate add-on, such as "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and your browser history manually.
(3) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse third party cookies or all cookies. You can also choose to be notified when cookies are set and you can decide individually whether you want to allow them or not. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings.
You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
(1) We use components from etracker GmbH, Erste Brunnenstraße 1, 20459 Hamburg, (hereinafter referred to as "eTracker") on our website. Every time you visit our site, this component collects and stores data for marketing and optimization purposes, which can then be used to create user profiles under a pseudonym by using cookies.The legal basis for the use of eTracker is our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behaviour on our website for optimisation and marketing purposes in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the cache of the visitor's Internet browser in order to enable the visitor's Internet browser to be recognized. The data collected in this way will not be used to personally identify the visitor to our website without the visitor's consent. In addition, this data is not merged with personal data and the user profiles.
(3) This collection and storage of personal data can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. To object to the storage of your data, please visit click the button below.
(1) If you send us enquiries via our contact form or via e-mail, your data will be stored for the purpose of answering the enquiry and in the event of follow-up questions. You will be required to provide your name and e-mail address. Providing a telephone number and other data is voluntary and serves to facilitate contact and to enable us to address you personally. These data are stored and used solely for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and the technical administration. The legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) Your data will be deleted when your inquiry has been finally clarified and if no statutory retention obligations oppose this.
Objection and withdrawal against the processing of your data
(1) If you have consented to the processing of your data, it is possible at any time to withdraw this processing for the future. As a result, your data will no longer be processed for the agreed purpose.
(2) If your data are processed on the basis of a weighing of interests in accordance with the legal basis Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. e or f GDPR, you can object to this if you have special reasons against processing the data.
(3) You also have the possibility to object to the processing of your data for the purpose of direct marketing. Thus, your data will no longer be processed for the purpose of direct advertising.